Sunlite’s Commercial Lighting Applications
Sunlite Science & Technology, Inc. has designed its lighting fixtures to take maximize the benefits of LED technology. They can be used for a wide variety commercial applications including in Offices, Hotels, Restaurants, Shopping Malls, Grocery Stores, Gymnasiums, and Museums.
Classroom, Office, Restaurant Lighting Examples
Featured in the pictures above (from left to right) are the SR50-Recessed Can, SR50-Pendant, and SR25-Fiberoptic Lights.
Features of Sunlite’s SR50 series
- 60W equivalent, 90 or 110 degree light spread
- UL Type IC certified
- Compact design (~2″ diameter, 3 oz weight)
- Can be installed in small spaces, indoors and outdoors
- Can be mounted in virtually any building material
- Power supplies and individual LED modules are replaceable
- Smart Lighting Control and Emergency Light wiring available
- Custom color temperature (CCT), color temperature tuning, and RGB color changing options available
Installation Examples – Indirect Lighting with ST10 and ST30 fixtures
Featured in the pictures above (from left to right) are the ST10, ST30, and ST30-Direct/Indirect Strip Lights.
- ST30 is best suited for indirect or cove lighting
- The fixtures can be used for both up-lighting and down-lighting
- Customized Color temperature, Color temperature tuning, and RGB color changing options available
- The ST30 Linear fixture comes in a variety of lengths, from 4-inches to 96-inches
- Smart lighting Control and Emergency Light wiring options available
- ST10 is smaller and ideal for tighter cove lighting
Gymnasium Lighting Example with ST40 fixture
The Bishop Seabury gymnasium project made use of ninety 4-foot ST40 strip lights, resulting in:
*A reduction in energy usage from 12,000 Watts to only 5,850 Watts
*An increase in overall light levels on the court of 20%
*More even lighting provided by a mix of direct and indirect lighting
Grocery Store and Cold Storage Lighting Examples
Sunlite’s LED Lighting is ideal for use in grocery stores or cold storage:
*LED’s actually operate more efficiently in cold conditions!
*Sunlite’s standard LEDs do not generate any UV light, which keeps food fresh longer
*Our UL wet-listed ST40 fixtures are rugged, vibration resistant, and available from 4″ to 72″ length
Exterior Lighting Examples
“Lightscaping” with Exterior LED Lighting is an effective way to enhance any property. It offers several benefits:
- Increased visibility, safety, and security
- An appealing look for the property
- Can draw attention to architecturally interesting features, trees, bushes, etc.
The pictures above show examples of Sunlite’s exterior nighttime lighting. Featured (from left to right) are an exterior art installation, a warehouse, a parking lot, KU Marvin Hall, CDR, JCCC entryway. Fixtures in the pictures include the SR25, SR25-Fiberoptic, WM25 (wall mount), and ST40
Custom Layout Examples
Images below show examples of custom designs using Sunlite’s SR50 lights. Featured (from left to right) are the kitchen in a Lawrence residential home, the New York office of Joseph Gad Inc. (a jewelry wholesaler), the entryway to Sunlite’s Lawrence office, and a custom bathroom installation. The bathroom installation features Color Temperature Tunable SR50 Eyeball lights installed into a sloped ceiling; the eyeball lights are complemented by cool white ST10 cove lighting (to give a feeling of daylight).
The ST30 fixture is somewhat taller than the ST40, it can be used to provide smooth lighting when the cove is designed further away from the ceiling. The following images show custom lighting layouts involving ST30 fixtures. Featured (from left to right) are an “angled” pendant ST30 fixture at Sunlite’s office, lighting of The Forum at KU’s Marvin Hall, an arrangement of ST30 and Pendant lights at Sunlite’s office, and direct/indirect ST30 lights with RGB setup in the entryway of the Lawrence Peaslee Center.
Images on the left show (from left to right) ST40 lights in an indirect cove lighting installation at Neuvant House of Lawrence and custom cove lighting using ST10 strip lights in a bathroom at the Center for Design Research (CDR) in Lawrence.
The ST40 lights at the Neuvant House provide decorative cove lighting, but the indirect light reflection from the ceiling also provides sufficient lighting to light the facility. Also note that indirect lighting eliminates shadows and “hot spots”.
Sunlite’s ST10 strip lights are only 0.43″X0.33″ and can fit into small areas to provide fantastic cove lighting.
Images below show custom installations featuring Sunlite’s Pendant Lights and custom Lights. Shown (from left to right) are the conference room in Sunlite’s Lawrence office, the front hallway in Sunlite’s Lawrence office, Lidia’s Restaurant in Kansas City, MO., The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, and JCCC