|Sunlite Science and Technology
|UV-365 Penlight to Cure Norland 61 Optical Adhesives
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||admin [ December 28th, 2012, 11:49 am ]|
|Post subject:||UV-365 Penlight to Cure Norland 61 Optical Adhesives|
Questions for Curing Norland61 Purpose
1. I am looking for a UV-light for the said purpose.
2. I understand from CPF-forum that your 'PENLIGHT UV-365' is good. Since I am lack of UV-technical know-how(Is 395nm more powerful than 365nm or actually with different effect?), would you be kind enough to advise whether the 'SLIM UV-395' can be an alternative as it is more economical.
3. What is the shipping cost to Hong Kong?
About Wavelength and Power
365nm and 395nm are at different wavelength, so are for different applications, for example, 365 nm is mostly used for curing because most of UV-curing resin will respond to that wavelength.
The responding range for Norland61 is 325nm-380nm and peaks at 365nm. So 395nm UV won't work.
395nm is usually used for detecting dyes.
If you just compare output power, 395nm is typically stronger, but this wavelength will not cure the adhesive you have mentioned. So you can only use UV-365 to cure. The webpage for all UV-365 LED lights is http://powerledlighting.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=31_32
About Cure time for Norland 61
Here is more technical information on Norland 61 you have mentioned.
1. adhesive thicknesses from 1 to 10 mils
2. Penlight UV-365 is about 1 inch away from the surface
The curing area is with a diameter of 0.8 inch,
Adhesive should cure in 50 seconds, if you leave light on longer, Norland61 will be harder, it is OK too.
Depending on your preferred shipping method , the cost is different, the cheapest would be post office.
Post office Priority $ 16.95 (6-10 days), Post Office First class $6-7 (no guarantee on delivery time)
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group